The B40 has become an extremely popular variometer both as a stand by vario in place of a mechanical vario in cross country and competition sailplanes and as a variometer for two seat trainers where students can learn the basic thermalling skills better with an excellent fast response vario with audio to help instill good lookout habits.
A little appreciated feature of the B40 is the remote push button function for the averager. This is in parallel with the averager button on the face of the instrument. You can mount the remote averager select button on the stick, the flap handle, by your left hand on the armrest or in two seaters the instructor can have a toggle switch to turn the B40 visual display into a full time averager if he suspects his student is looking at the display too much instead of using the audio.
- unmatched in its class in both price and performance
- ideal replacement for mechanical vario – rely on the reading
- smooth, fast, adjustable response
- choice of size – 57mm or 80mm
- altitude compensated to 22000 ft
- no flask – easy installation
- 2 power options – aircraft power or 9V alkaline battery for standby
- repeater ready for 2 seaters
- optional Digital Averager Display
- available in metric and knots calibration.
Download B40 manual as PDF: B40man.pdf